The staple of most long range shooters. Whether hunting or competing the Kestrel 5700 series weather meters with Applied Ballistics are a must for those wanting accurate and fast hits with great information.
**Please note this model DOES INCLUDE Kestrel Link**
- Employs the Applied Ballistics bullet library of custom drag models, an exact measurement of your bullet’s drag profile plus corrections for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, Coriolis, and Drop Scale Factoring to achieve accurate extended long-range shots.
- Expanded features include a customizable Target Card and an expanded Ballistics Data Table, as well as storage for up to 30 gun and bullet profiles and 10 saved targets.
- Weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy. (Note: LiNK Dongle sold seperately)
- Kestrel LiNK for Ballistics app on Android and iOS provides full gun management as well as access to the Applied Ballistics library of custom drag models for transfer to the Kestrel.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight.
- Choice of solution units (Mils, true MOA, Shooter’s MOA, or clicks) - works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- Black - 0857ALBLK
- Olive Drab - 0857ALOLV
- Desert Tan - 0857ALTAN
- Blaze Orane - 0857ALBLZ
- Flat Dark Earth - 0857ALFDE
Kestrel 5700 Elite - Applied Ballistics WITH Link
SENSORS ACCURACY RESOLUTION SPECIFICATION RANGE NOTES Wind Speed | Air Speed Larger of 3% of reading, least significant digit or 20 ft/min Speed 0.1 m/s
0.6 to 40.0 m/s
118 to 7,874 ft/min
2.2 to 144.0 km/h
1.3 to 89.5 mph
1.2 to 77.8 knots
0 to 12 B*
1 inch|25 mm diameter impeller with precision axle and low-friction Zytel® bearings. Startup speed stated as lower limit, readings may be taken down to 0.4 m/s |79 ft min|1.5 km/h |.9 mph |.8 kt after impeller startup. Off-axis accuracy -1% @ 5º off axis; -2% @ 10º; -3% @ 15º. Calibration drift < 1% after 100 hours use at 16 MPH|7 m/s. Replacement impeller (NK PN-0801) field installs without tools (US Patent 5,783,753). Wind speed calibration and testing should be done with triangle on impeller located at the top front face of the Kestrel. Measuring wind speeds above 60 m/s / 134.2 mph can damage the impeller Ambient Temperature 0.9 °F
-20.0 to 158.0 °F
-29.0 to 70.0 °C
Airflow of 2.2 mph|1 m/s or greater provides fastest response and reduction of insolation effect. For greatest accuracy, avoid direct sunlight on the temperature sensor and prolonged sunlight exposure to the unit in low airflow conditions. Calibration drift is negligible for the life of the product. For further details, see Display & Battery Operational Temperature Limits. Relative Humidity 2%RH 0.1 %RH 10 to 90% 25°C noncondensing To achieve stated accuracy, unit must be permitted to equilibrate to external temperature when exposed to large, rapid temperature changes and be kept out of direct sunlight. Calibration drift is typically less than ±0.25% per year. Pressure 1.5 hPa|mbar
Monolithic silicon piezo-resistive pressure sensor with second-order temperature correction. Between 1100–1600 mbar, unit will operate with reduced accuracy. Sensor may not operate above 1600 mbar and can be damaged above 6,000 mbar or below 10 mbar. Calibration drift is negligible for the life of the product. Compass 5° 1°
1/16th Cardinal Scale
0 to 360° 2-axis solid-state magneto-resistive sensor mounted perpendicular to unit plane. Accuracy of sensor dependent upon unit’s vertical position. Self-calibration routine eliminates magnetic error from batteries or unit and must be run after every full power- down (battery removal or change). Readout indicates direction to which the back of the unit is pointed when held in a vertical orientation. Declination/variation adjustable for True North readout. CALCULATED MEASUREMENTS MEASUREMENT ACCURACY (+/-) RESOLUTION SENSORS EMPLOYED Air Density 0.0002 lb/ft3
Temperature, Relative Humidity Pressure Air Flow 6.71% 1 cfm
Air Speed, User Input (Duct Shape & Size) Altitude typical: 23.6 ft/7.2 m
from 750 to 1100 mBar
max: 48.2 ft/14.7 m
from 300 to 750 mBar
1 ft 1 m Pressure, User Input (Reference Pressure) Barometric Pressure 0.07 inHg
Pressure, User Input (Reference Altitude) Crosswind & Headwind/Tailwind 7.1% 1 mph
Wind Speed, Compass Delta T 3.2 °F
0.1 °F 0.1 °C Temperature, Relative Humidity Pressure Density Altitude 226 ft
1 ft 1 m Temperature, Relative Humidity Pressure Dew Point 3.4 °F
95% RH. Refer to Range for Temperature Sensor
Temperature, Relative Humidity Evaporation Rate 0.01 lb/ft2/hr
Wind Speed, Temperature Relative Humidity Pressure, User Input (Concrete Temperature) Heat Index 7.1°F
Temperature, Relative Humidity Moisture Content | Humidity Ratio (“Grains”) 4.9gpp
Temperature, Relative Humidity Pressure Probability of Ignition (PIG) PIG Accuracy dependent on proximity of inputs to reference table steps. 10% Temperature, Relative Humidity THI (NRC) 1.5 °F
Temperature, Relative Humidity THI (Yousef) 2.3 °F
Temperature, Relative Humidity Relative Air Density .0.3% 0.1% Temperature, Relative Humidity Pressure Wet Bulb Temperature - Psychrometric 3.2 °F
Temperature, Relative Humidity Pressure Wet Bulb Temperature - Naturally Aspirated (NWB TEMP) 1.4 °F
Wind Speed, Temperature Globe Temperature, Relative Humidity, Pressure Wind Chill 1.6 °F
Wind Speed, Temperature